It is a good thing to be comfortable and secure in your relationship. You no longer have to worry about looking your best every time you see your love interest, or being on your best behavior. Sadly, that security and complacency can lead to both partners letting the romance slip to the back burner. Day to day living, making a living, and knowing that the other person is there with you means that you often forget to let them know how special they are to you and how much you appreciate them being on this journey with you.
The good thing is that it is easy to incorporate some romance into your day to day life. The key is to show your partner that you can still think of them in the same way you did when you first started dating.
1. Set aside one date night per week. You don't have to go out or even spend money. Simply decide that both of you will dress up and pull yourselves together and share dinner, conversation and a movie together without worrying about bills or kids or other stressors. If your date leads to a fun evening in the bedroom all the better!
2. Do something your partner enjoys every day. Maybe surprise them with their favorite candy or leave a love note somewhere for them to find. Little things can make all the difference in bringing back some romance.
3. Surprise your partner with a special dinner on a Wednesday night. Simply bring the element of pampering and surprise to a mundane day when it is not expected and you'll be rewarded by the response and possible reciprocation of the gesture.
4. Read together or begin a television series. Reading the same book or watching a series together from the beginning can become a special time you share together and lead to conversation that isn't related to day to day activities.
5. Make an effort. Any effort you make to show appreciation and a touch of romance will improve your relationship. It can be easy to let these gestures fall by the wayside of day to day life, but small things can make a huge difference in now you and your partner look at and appreciate one another.
Relationships are work. But they are rewarding, fulfilling and with a little practice romance will become effortless as you and your partner begin to turn to one another in different ways. Create your happily ever after by showing your love every day in special ways.